Can you put the correct phrasal verbs (from the list below) in the correct gaps? You may need to change the form (e.g. -ing form / tense).
get off with get away with get at (x 2)
get round get over get through get across
1) Stop __________________ me! You’re always criticising!
2) His parents never discipline their son – he ____________
3) “I bought you some flowers, darling.”
“Don’t try to _________________ me! You forgot our
4) It took her grandfather a long time to ____________ his
5) It’s difficult to ______ your point ______ to him – he never
6) I’ve been trying to call John all morning, but I can’t
____________ – I think there’s a problem with the connection.
7) The teenager who stole the car ____________ lightly
because he was so young – he just had to do some
8) I can’t ____________ the sugar, the shelf’s too high! Can
you reach it?