The building is around 200 years old and in the late 1800s was an entertainment venue. From the early 1900s it had other uses (including a café) but has been a pub since the 1960s and is now named after a very famous visitor to Broadstairs!
It is thought that this building dates back to around 1700. It is called the Look Out House and Stores but it was also known as the Boathouse because it was the life-boat station and harbour master’s office between 1869 to 1912. During that time 275 lives were saved from shipwrecks by the brave life-boat […]