+44 (0)1843 869171

Back to top
Hilderstone College - Logo


We will follow UK Government guidance with regard to safety measures in the classroom. However, regardless of any restrictions in place, we will encourage social-distancing, implement regular thorough cleaning, hand sanitiser will be provided, and classrooms will be well ventilated. 

Our homestay hosts will provide a safe, comfortable and friendly place to stay.  If you test positive for covid-19, you will self-isolate at your homestay or private accommodation (if applicable).

Our priority is to do our best to keep our students safe. As a result there may be times when we may not be able to offer our traditional social programme.

Please see our Covid-19 Guidelines, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Please always check your own country's travel regulations about entering and departing England.

Accommodation at Hilderstone College

Most students choose to stay in homestay accommodation. This offers excellent value for money and also means you can continue to practise your English, as well as discover more about life in Britain. All our homestay hosts are caring and will treat you as a member of the family.

We will do our best to place you in homestay accommodation which matches your individual needs and requirements. The majority of homestays are within walking distance of the College (30 minutes maximum).

If you are placed in accommodation which is further away, we will provide you with a free bus pass, giving you unlimited travel in the local area.

Our homestay accommodation includes:

  • your own bedroom
  • bedding and towels
  • a place for you to study
  • breakfast and dinner on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
  • breakfast, lunch and dinner at weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
  • a light laundry service

Homestay accommodation fees

2023: £180 per week

  • You should plan to arrive on the day before your course start date (usually Sunday) between late morning and early evening, and depart on the day after your course end date (usually Saturday) before midday.
  • For arrivals to homestay between 22:30 and 0:00 there is a disruption charge of £20. This must be agreed with the College in advance and before finalising any travel arrangements. Hosts cannot accept students between 00:00 and 08:00.
  • There is a charge of £20 for departures before 06.30. We ask students to plan their departure from homestay between 08.00 and 12.00.
  • Up to 2 extra nights' accommodation is charged at £40 per night, and it is subject to availability.
  • Additional weekly charge for special diets: £30 per week in 2023
Hilderstone College Accommodation

At Hilderstone College we believe all of our students should have a safe, comfortable and happy homestay experience. This is especially important for students under the age of 18.

Hilderstone College has a comprehensive 'Safeguarding Policy' to protect all students. As part of this, every homestay hosting a student under the age of 18 is visited annually, and will have completed a 'Children's Act' declaration. The principal householder for the homestay will have undergone an 'Enhanced DBS' check.

For all students under the age of 18 we must receive a Consent form completed by a parent or legal guardian and outlining specific College requirements for students under the age of 18.

You can find out more on our Care of under 18s page.

We recommend that students stay in homestay accommodation to gain the most from their experience in Broadstairs. However, we understand that some students may prefer to arrange their own accommodation.

Broadstairs is a popular holiday destination and there is a range of hotels and guest houses both in and near the town. You can click on the link for a list of hotels and guest houses on the official local tourism website: Visit Thanet.

The College does not monitor hotel and guesthouse accommodation and is unable to make recommendations. Please contact us for further information.

Some students at Hilderstone College prefer to organise their own accommodation. We are happy to provide information to help you with this, but please remember the following when deciding whether to organise your own accommodation:

  • Your homestay host will provide you with your meals, wash your clothes and enable you to continue to practise your English.
  • In your own accommodation you will usually be responsible for paying your own bills for things such as: gas, electricity, TV licence, water and local tax (Council Tax).
  • You will normally be required to pay a large deposit and one or two months' rent in advance.
  • The accommodation may not offer things such as furniture or internet access.

Accommodation agencies and websites:

Important: If you do choose to organise your own accommodation you must tell the College your address and notify us immediately if you change address.

Contact Us