About Groups courses
Since 1970, Hilderstone College has offered courses for groups of students, teachers, business people and organisations throughout the year.
A course to meet your specific needs
Many groups join our year-round courses to improve their overall level of English. We offer classes at all levels from elementary to advanced. Groups with participants at beginner or proficiency level, as well as groups with specific requirements, are taught in closed classes in order to focus on their particular needs.
Popular group courses include:
- Intensive general English
- Exam preparation, e.g. IELTS, Cambridge,
- Academic English and Pre-University
- Business/Professional English
- Work preparation
- English+Action and English+ Sightseeing
- Professional Development courses for teachers of English and/or CLIL (see below).
Group courses for teachers
We can design your language and methodology course to include your specific requirements. The course can be offered at Hilderstone College, or in your own country, by our team of teacher trainers, who are experienced in a wide range of specialist areas. Courses can be of any length and organised at any time of the year.
Our group package includes as a minimum:
- All tuition and teaching materials
- Use of the College's multimedia self-access facilities after class
- Homestay accommodation from Sunday to Saturday (U18 students share within the group for safeguarding purposes)
- Half-board during the week, full-board at weekends
- A programme of cultural and social activities and excursions
- College registration fee
- End-of-course certificate
- Free homestay accommodation for a non-student group leader (for groups of 10-15 students)
- Free intensive English course or teacher development course for a group leader if appropriate and available (for groups of 10-15 students)
You may choose to include our optional extras:
- Return transfers to and from a London airport, provided that the group travel together
- Luncheon vouchers
- Additional nights’ homestay accommodation if available
*Please note that the College closes for Christmas from 18/12/2023 to 05/01/2024.
The following dates are bank holidays in the UK, and no lessons take place on those days:
For further information and to receive a group course quotation, please contact us.
Terms and Conditions of enrolment for group courses
For many schools, taking a class of students to the UK may be too difficult to organise within a busy curriculum.
One solution would be for us to come to you.
Examples of what we can offer
- We can come to your schools and give your students a week of intensive conversation and fluency practice - teaching a range of classes for a week or two.
- We can help create a period of "English only" in the classroom through project work, extended role plays, creating presentations or performances.
- We can provide lessons on English culture and take students on a "virtual" tour of Kent and the UK.
- We can do pronunciation workshops.
- We can do workshops with your teachers on CLIL or Creative Teaching methodology. You could even invite the teachers from neighbouring schools to attend.
- We can provide preparation lessons for a future trip to Broadstairs or we can follow up on your recent trip.
- We can provide intensive booster courses to prepare for exams.
Contact us and let's put together a tailor-made project to fit your school's needs.
Minimum length of stay 3 days, maximum 2 weeks.