+44 (0)1843 869171

Back to top
Hilderstone College - Logo


We will follow UK Government guidance with regard to safety measures in the classroom. However, regardless of any restrictions in place, we will encourage social-distancing, implement regular thorough cleaning, hand sanitiser will be provided, and classrooms will be well ventilated. 

Our homestay hosts will provide a safe, comfortable and friendly place to stay.  If you test positive for covid-19, you will self-isolate at your homestay or private accommodation (if applicable).

Our priority is to do our best to keep our students safe. As a result there may be times when we may not be able to offer our traditional social programme.

Please see our Covid-19 Guidelines, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Please always check your own country's travel regulations about entering and departing England.

Payment and Banking

Pay Hilderstone College via Flywire

Hilderstone College has partnered with Flywire to provide you with an easy and secure method of sending international fee payments.

  • Pay by bank transfer, flywire or Visa/Mastercard
  • Track your payment from start to finish
  • Pay from any country and any bank
  • Save on bank fees and exchange rates - best price guarantee!
  • 24/7 dedicated multilingual customer support

Click here to pay Hilderstone College by Flywire

Hilderstone College bank details

Alternatively you can make payment by international bank transfer to:

Hilderstone College
Account No. 00470902
Barclays Bank PLC (20-17-92)

13 Queen Street
Kent CT11 9UP

IBAN Number GB72BUKB20179200470902
Swift Number BUKBGB22

(Please note that there are often extra charges when making bank transfers. These must be paid as part of the transfer or on arrival).

Debit and credit cards from most banks can be used to withdraw cash from machines (ATMs) in the UK. However, some shops may not accept payment with a non-British card, so you will sometimes need to pay cash.

If you are planning to study in the UK for more than six months, you may want to have access to a bank account in the UK. We advise students, if they can, to open an account with one of the following banks: Barclays, HSBC, or RBS in their home country before they travel to the UK. Cards from these banks are widely accepted in the UK.

If you haven't got an account with a British bank and wish to open one after you arrive, make sure you bring enough money to the UK for your journey and your first few days in the UK.

Students studying for at least six months may wish to open an account with Metro Bank, which has a branch in Canterbury. You will need your passport, proof of address in the UK and a letter from Hilderstone with details of your enrolment (minimum six months). Hilderstone will help you with these documents. There is information on the Metro Bank website.

Further information about banking for international students can be found here: the BBA (British Bankers' Association) website.